1 to 5 = €399 for unit
5 and more = € for unit
- Vehicle Communication Interface Scania
- 16 pin cable
Scania VCI2 is a tool that is used together with Scania Diagnos & Programmer 3 (SDP3) software to diagnose and troubleshoot Scania vehicles.
Name and version of the vehicle system.
Stored fault codes, proposals for remedial action and delete option.
Control unit configuration and settings.
Information about electrical components and their location. Input and output signals.
Activation of components.
Spare part programming.
Circuit diagrams. For each circuit there is a diagram which clearly shows how the particular circuit is implemented in the respective vehicle.
Chassis data. The vehicle gives the program a description of itself and how it is configured. User functions. In order to meet service market requirements to work more effectively, there is an option to troubleshoot via user functions, e.g. cruise control.
Use of the program requires a PC and a VCI2. These components must comply with the applicable system requirements, so that the program will operate correctly.
After connecting VCI2 to the PC and starting SDP3, you can access information about VCI2 by opening the menu under View. This works regardless of whether VCI2 is connected to the vehicle or not.
• Scania SDP3 (Diagnos & Programmer) 2.31
• Scania BNS II Service Tool 1.10
Software contains 3 Levels:
High Level used for Scania R,P,G,T,K,N series (buses, trucks) over 2004 year.
Industry & Marine Level used for industrial and marine engines.
Internal Level for developers used for Scania R,P,G,T,K,N series (buses, trucks) over 2004 year.
Industrial and marine engines with S6 or S8 control unit on E2011 type engines, have the diagnostic socket located on the engine. When connecting SDP3, an adapter 1862924 must be used in order to connect VCI.
For programming special parameters, doing conversions and editing SOPS files see Scania SOPS File ED software.
For programming special parameters, resetting, reloading ECU see Scania XCOM software.
Supported languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Dutch, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Suomi, Turkish, Italian, Czech, Russian, Chinese.
Scania SOPS File ED (special programming) : 99 EUR
• Download with SDP3 from truck SOPS export file;
• Decrypt SOPS export file to XML format;
• Edit XML file with any XML editor;
• Modify more than 300 parameters: like AdBlue, EGR, NOx Control, see whole list;
• Encrypt XML file to SOPS import file;
• Upload SOPS import file to truck with SDP3;
• Support Windows 2003/XP/Vista/7/8;
SCANIA DEVELOPER PACKAGE (CDEV - ECOM - XCOM)
• Scania CDEV 13220.127.116.11 
• Scania ECOM 3.32
• Scania XCOM 2.30 
Scania CDEV supports the following operations:
• Read ECU ID, data, parameters, fingerprint.
• Read and erase DTC.
• SparePart program all systems.
• Gather all data for fieldtest functions.
• Load, modify, compare SOPS files.
Scania ECOM - is a program which, together with the VCI2, enables communication between your PC and the control unit (EMS S6) on the engine.
You can carry out the following operations with ECOM:
• Read stored fault codes and ‘Freeze Frames’.
• Clear inactive fault codes.
• Read information about stored working cycles.
• Measure internal variables such as the engine speed, pressure, temperature and save them to a file.
• Program certain parameters
Scania XCOM - is a diagnostic tool to read, save and modify ECU data such as trouble codes, parameters, statistic data etc. VCI2/VCI3 interface is used to connect to ECU via CAN protocol.
Supported modification of ECU data of the following types:
• EMS – Engine management system.
• GMS – Gearbox management system.
• RET – Retarder system.
• AWD – All wheel drive system.
• CLS – Clutch Control.
• EEC – Exhaust Emission Control.
• COO (COO7) – Coordinator.
• BWS (BCI1) – Bodywork system.
Supported resolving trouble codes to text description for the following types:
• EMS (S6, S7, S8).
• GMS (OPC4, OPC5).
• RET (RET1, RET2).
• AWD (AWD1).
• EEC (SCR1, EEC3).
• COO (COO6, COO7).
• HMS (HMS1).
Some interesting options:
• AdBlue ON/OFF.
• EGR ON/OFF.
• Chassis ID/VIN Change.
• Immobilizer ON/OFF.
• Truck Power INCREASE.
• ECU Recovery.
• ECU Reset.
• ECU Unlock.
Supported languages: English.